SAS 2021 SPRING GATHERING - MIDATLANTIC
Time & Location
About the Event
COVID-19 and General Safety Policy
We are committed to follow all regulations to assure your safety. To assue that, we implemented these policies in compliance with general CDC guidelines and Viriginia COVID-19 regulations effective during the event timeframe. In summary:
- Please stay home, for full refund on activities (hotel cancelation is free upp to 72 hours of the event) if you have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for COVID-19 test results, have COVID-19 symptoms , or if you had close contact with a person who has tested positive for or who has symptoms of COVID-19.
- Pleaes follow COVID-19 travel guides of your State and Virginia, the location of the event
- We will provide hand santization
- Following regulations, temperature checks before each activity will be perfomed; full refund will be issued for indiviudals with temperature of 100.4°F (38°C) or more for Per CDC regulations, mask is required whenever social distancing in not possible.
- Per Virginia regulations, group indoor gatherings are limited to 100 for indoor settings, and 250 for outdoor sittings.
- Childrens and minors must be attended by adults at all times
Welcome to our first SAS Spring Gathering in the Midatlantic region. We are thrilled to bring our larger Swaida family closer, in beautiful DC and Northern Viriginia. Through this event, we aim to reflect our heritage as a spontaneous, casual, and loving community, conducted in an organized fashion to assure the best experience for all.
The hotel is easily accessible from I-395 and I-495. Parking is available at $10 per night (discounted from $26).
The hotel is 10-minute drive from DCA, 30-minute from IAD, and 50 minutes from BWI.
Except for the Sunday picnic, no need to drive for events which is in Algonkian Regional Park at 47001 Fairway Dr, Sterling, VA 20165 (<40 minutes ride from the hotel). We recommend renting a car or arrange for carpooling with other guests as you would need to drive up to the picnic.
Hotel reservations (Group rate is $89 + tax for Standard 1 King or 2 Double), $10 (discounted from $26) parking fee per day)
The will be hosted in Key Bridge Marriott Hotel in Arlington Virigina, conveniently located near major attractions in DC. The hotel is working on obtaining a reservation information. While we receive those, please indicate the nights you need in the registeration form on checking out and we will block them.
Direct hotel reservations can be made from Monday. 4.26.21 to Tuesday, May 11, 2021, directly with Marriott Reservations at this link or at1(800) 228-9290 or (703) 524-6400 to make your sleeping room reservations (5/14 and/or 5/15). Group rate is $89. Please identify yourself as part of the SAS Community Gathering group staying at the Key Bridge Marriott, located at 1401 Lee Highway, Arlington, VA 22209-1201.
Dress code: Except for the dinner party on Saturday 5.15.2021, the dress code is casual throughout.
Activities reservations: Please make your reservations for the activities below ASAP; availability is limited due to COVID-19 restrictions on group size, and reservations will be taken over this website on a first-come-first-served basis. Please put 1 ticket per group for the first two tickets is to indicate your interest for the Georgetown and DC Tours (more details to follow). The website has a limit of 20 tickets per order.
Please let us know if you registed and found that the tickets are sold out; we will add you to the waiting list should a liberation of some restirctions occured (we should know by May 1st).
Our program includes the following (See tickets below): (details are to follow, and subject to change according to weather conditions and changes in restrictions)
May 14th (06pm-09pm): Georgetown Walk and Dinner
May 15th (8am to 10am): Community traditional breakfast (TBD)
(10am-4pm): Washington DC Tour
(7pm-12am): SAS Dinner and Party
May 16th (8am to 10am) Community traditional breakfast (TBD)
(11am-5pm): SAS Picnic Party
Georgetown Walk and DinnerGeorgetown
Community Breakfast (TBD)
- Interest: Georgetown walk 5/14$0$00$0
- DC Bus Tour and Lunch$30+$0.75 Service fee$30+$0.75 Service fee0$0
- SAS Dinner Party (Adults) 5/15$50+$1.25 Service fee$50+$1.25 Service fee0$0
- SAS Dinner Party (6-18y) 5/15$30+$0.75 Service fee$30+$0.75 Service fee0$0
- SAS PICNIC ( Adults ) 5/16$50+$1.25 Service fee$50+$1.25 Service fee0$0
- SAS PICNIC (6-18yrs) 5/16$30+$0.75 Service fee$30+$0.75 Service fee0$0